Use the international language of photography to save raptors and enrich lives!
Enter any photo of a raptor (eagle, owl, hawk, falcon, secretary bird, osprey, kite, or vulture). Not sure? See Explore Raptors, our helpful online guide.
Accepted entries will be considered for our 2019 Birds of Prey Calendar and for educational use online and at our visitor center. Thirteen prizes include cash from $50 – $500, and the Raptors at Risk award-winner will receive high-end Vortex Viper binoculars!
Put your hard-earned photos to work — for the birds of prey we all love!
Which category should I enter?
- If there's no trace of humans (i.e. fenceposts, jet trails, falconry equipment, etc.) AND you haven't edited beyond basic sharpening, cropping, or color adjustments, enter the Purely Raptors category.
- If you have edited extensively or included a human element, enter the Raptors Plus category.
- You can enter both categories—up to 4 photos in each.
How do I enter?
- Upload your images as .jpg files of 2 MB or less. Width limit is 1920 pixels, height limit is 1200 pixels.
- The entry fee is $15 per category (add $5 per category if you enter after June 3), payable by credit card or PayPal.
- We can't provide refunds for invalid entries, but we'll enable you to correct your entry if time allows.
File naming: Firstname Lastname.Image Title.jpg
For example: Terry Jones.Eagle flight.jpg